Small Business Management Program
• One classroom session each month over the course of one year, plus monthly one-on-one counseling sessions, and much more!
• 2014/15 SBM program comes in two flavors:
- LINCOLN CITY: SBM for Artists, Creatives & Sole Proprietors
- NEWPORT: SBM for Contractors
• Scholarships available
Apply now for 2014/15 SBM & iSBM programs to start in October, 2014
What gets you up in the morning? What keeps you up at night?
How would you like to have your own personal business consultant to meet with every month? Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to pick up the phone or e-mail someone whenever you had an inspiration, or a challenging business question?
For almost two decades, the Oregon Coast Community College’s Small Business Development Center has offered a powerful Small Business Management Program, which can help you with:
• Determine the exact level of sales that you will need to be profitable and pay for new assets, pay existing loans and make a living.
• Read financial statements, and master the 25 key words that will make you sound like you have an MBA.
• Track two expense percentages which are critical to your business’ success.
• Use spreadsheets and QuickBooks to help run your business to achieve positive cash flow.
• Know the answer to the question, “Why should I choose you?” by developing your Unique Value Proposition.
• Build customer trust and loyalty... and, while you’re at it, a better community for Lincoln County.
During your year in the SBM program, you’ll also learn how to use the latest tools to build a team – consisting of your employees or a network of independent contractors – so you can offer the highest value, the best price and the lowest cost to your steady customers.
Over the course of a three-term academic year, our participants receive:
• Ten one-to-one, two-hour meetings with an SBDC advisor
• Meetings with an informal support group of a number of other
• Nine SBM classes, plus access to more than a dozen additional
sessions or workshops attended by your business peers.
The SBM program is open to existing businesses. Pick the one that’s right for you! Our new iSBM program features in-depth technology-focused classroom instruction, and one-on-one counseling opportunities, along with traditional business education content. Led by Misty Lambrecht and Ron Spisso, the iSBM is the latest iteration of this powerful, cutting edge business education program, covering such topics as website design, search engine optimization and social media.
The cost of the program is $900 a year. All small businesses will qualify for one or more local, state or national scholarships that typically bring the yearly cost down to between zero dollars and $600, depending on funding from our sponsors. To apply to enroll in the SBM program, with or without financial aid, contact the Small Business Development Center at Oregon Coast Community College, or call 541-994-4166.
Click to Request SBM Registration Info
If you would like more information about the SBM program, contact the Small Business Development Center at Oregon Coast Community College, at 541-994-4166 to schedule a free one-hour interview to see whether this program is for you.
Click to fill out the Small Business Management (SBM) Program Application.